Monday 12 November 2012

The Web is a little smaller, today...

I've lost my website. Those terrible terrors at British Telecom have pulled the plug. The web hosting came free with my original contract. I think the word free probably worried BT--they're a huge corporate conglomerate, so such a word is likely to stick in their craw, poor lambs. And clearly they'd decided enough is enough and if I want web space I shall jolly well have to pay for it like everyone else.

Hmff, the indignity of it all.

And now I'm not sure what to do. I mean, do I really need a website? It wasn't exactly buzzing with eager visitors anyway. Is a blog enough to post the odd promotional stuff? Can one turn a blog like this into a virtual website (technically, I mean)?  Or should I look to proper web hosting elsewhere?

I shall have to have a think.

2 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

I lost my website when I pressed the wrong button and have never been able to figure how to get it back up. I don't miss it.

Steven Pirie said...

It just seems like a website can hold so much more info than a blog, although I suppose it depends how you use the blog.

Thanks for your thoughts, Cate...